Charly Musonda is set to start for Chelsea for the first time since his public rant at a lack of first team opportunities at Stamford Bridge against Everton in the Carabao Cup, Antonio Conte has confirmed.
Having scored on his full debut in the third round against Nottingham Forest, the 21-year-old is set to return to the fold, despite his strange actions during the international break.
Musonda posted on Instagram: ‘You sacrifice, you work hard, harder, you give more than what’s expected, and often more than you can, because you love what you do and clearly more than you should.
‘And what do you get back? Literally nothing… done.
‘However, with this being said I will continue with same dedication and commitment to this great game.’
Musonda featured off the bench during Chelsea’s surprise 2-1 Premier League defeat at the hands of Crystal Palace but he will now seemingly get a chance from the off, after ‘working very well’ in training.
Conte said: ‘I think for the game against Everton it is a good opportunity to give a chance to young players like Charly Musonda and Kenedy.
More: Chelsea FC
‘They are young but they deserve this chance because they are working very well, they are improving and to see the improvement during a tough game against Everton, I think is important for the club.’
The pressure had been mounting on the Italian boss after a win-less streak of three matches, but a second-half comeback against Watford on Saturday eased the pressure on him.
Everton, meanwhile, dropped into the relegation zone after being thrashed by Arsenal, with Ronald Koeman coming under real scrutiny.