CHANDIGARH: Punjab's milk cooperative Milkfed on Tuesday said it would supply long-shelf and skimmed milk despite the state-wide curfew to combat coronavirus.
In order to meet the demand, Milkfed has enhanced the processing of ultra-high temperature processing milk having a shelf life that lasts up to 180 days, an official told IANS here.
He said the supply of Verka's skimmed milk has also been raised by Milkfed.
Milkfed Chairman Harminder Singh said there would be no scarcity of milk in the state.
"If the consumers are facing any difficulty in their respective area, they should bring it to the notice of the department," he said.
More on Covid-19
* Coronavirus pandemic: Complete coverage
* Coronavirus: What are the symptoms
* 52 testing sites for coronavirus in India
* Helpline numbers for states and UTs
* Do fever and cough mean you need Covid-19 test?
* How to stay safe
* How to quarantine yourself at home
Jalandhar Deputy Commissioner Read More – Source