NEW DELHI: As m any as 7,357 people in J&K – including stone-pelters, miscreants, over ground workers and separatists – were taken into preventive custody since abrogation of Article 370 in the erstwhile state on August 5, 2019, the home ministry told Rajya Sabha on Wednesday. Of these, 451 people are still under preventive detention.
In reply to a question in Rajya Sabha, junior home minister G Kishan Reddy said the J&K government had justified the detentions and said they were done to prevent commission of offences. The detentions, he said, were made under the Criminal Procedure Code and PSA.
In reply to a different question, Reddy said no sedition case had been filed against any person in the Union Territory J&K for using social media platforms since its formation on October 31, 2019.
He added that directions for regulation of telecom services were being issued by competent authority in the government of J&K in accordance with provisions of Indian Telegraph Act, 1885, rules made there under as also the pRead More – Source