Tyson Fury confirmed he will take on Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas after easing to a points decision win against Francesco Pianeta in Belfast on Saturday.
The 30-year-old was fighting for just the second time after his long absence and was taken all the way by Pianeta, who proved a far more worthy opponent than Sefer Seferi in June.
Wilder, who interrupted the Furys weigh-in on Friday, was in attendance in Windsor Park to watch the Mancunian go the full ten rounds against the Italian.
Once Furys victory was confirmed, Wilder took to the ring and the pair announced the bout together but stopped short of confirming a date or venue.
Wilder, the WBC Champion, said he had been waiting to fight Fury.
We ready now, this fight we are having is on. This fight is official – its on baby! said Wilder.
This is what weve been waiting for. The best fighting the best.
“One thing I promise when I go to Las Vegas is that Im knocking you the **** out bum!”@Tyson_Fury goes off on Deontay Wilder inside the ring!
This fight is official pic.twitter.com/WecoDvRjEZ
— Boxing on BT Sport (@BTSportBoxing) August 18, 2018
Fury was typically exuberant after his win and after showing Wilder some courtesy, he promised to knock the 32-year-old the f**k out.
We are two men who will fight anybody, said Fury.
This man has been trying to make a big fight with the biggest s**thouse in boxing.
Listen, they called – I answered. I said send me the contract, I said yes. Now he gets his change to fight the Lineal Heavyweight Champion of the World.
One thing I promise is that when I get to Las Vegas Im knocking you the f**k out
Frank Warren stepped in when Wilder was asked about a venue for the fight, keen not to reveal too much at this stage.
However, Fury appeared to let the cat out the bag by revealing the bout would be in Vegas and the pair are expected to fight later this year in November or December.