A former Twitter contractor who deactivated Donald Trump's account says he feels "like Pablo Escobar" after being relentlessly pursued by the media.
Bahtiyar Duysak, who is in his 20s, also worked for Google and YouTube during a stint with tech companies in the US.
He told a reporter who spoke to him in Germany, where he was born and raised, that the deactivation earlier this month had been a "mistake".
It happened during his last few minutes working for Twitter at its HQ in San Francisco, where he was in customer support.
A complaint came in about the US President's account. Mr Duysak took action to deactivate it, TechCrunch reports, before logging off for the last time and leaving the building.
But he did not think Mr Trump's account would actually be removed, he says.
He thought it was protected because its contents, while often controversial, are deemed newsworthy and in the public interest.
But, watching the news several hours later, he realised it had actually happened.
He decided to go public because he wants to move on, and was worried the story might emerge via a third party.
He also said the pressure from reporters had been relentless. His university has been contacted, as well as former places of work, plus friends and family.
"I want to continue an ordinary life. I don't want to flee from the media," he said.
"I had to delete hundreds of friends, so many pictures, because reporters are stalking me. I just want to continue an ordinary life."
My Twitter account was taken down for 11 minutes by a rogue employee. I guess the word must finally be getting out-and having an impact.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 3, 2017
Further revealing his frustration, he added: "I didn't do any crime or anything evil, but I feel like Pablo Escobar, and slowly it's getting really annoying."
After his account was re-activated, President Trump tweeted: "My Twitter account was taken down for 11 minutes by a rogue employee. I guess the word must finally be getting out – and having an impact."
Twitter said the account had been "inadvertently deactivated due to human error".
Mr Duysak says he did not do "anything on purpose", and has apologised for what he did.
He said he "had a wild time in America", was "tired sometimes", and "everyone can do mistakes".
His actions, though, prompted jubilation, with people hailing him as a national hero.
Others have said he deserves special recognition, but, smiling, Mr Duysak dismissed a suggestion he should be awarded a Novel Peace Prize, saying he's "sure" he does not deserve it.