NEW DELHI: The Centre and state governments decided on Sunday to lockdown non-essential services until March 31 in districts where positive cases of novel coronavirus and related deaths have been reported.
While the measures are meant to contain the virus through social distancing, the authorities have allowed operation of essential services.
Essential services which would operate during lockdown in Uttar Pradesh's 15 districts:
* Supply of groceries
* Supply of Beverages
* Supply of fresh fruits and vegetables
* Supply of drinking water
* Supply of fodder
* All food processing units supplying processed food items
* Dispensing of petrols, diesel, CNG at designated petrol/diesel/CNG pumps dispensing units.
* Rice sellers milling the paddy.
* Milk plants, dairy units, fodder making units and cattle fields
* Supply of LPG (Domestic and commercial)
* Medicine and other pharmaceuticals from medical stores
* Health services
* Manufacturing of medical and health equipments
* Telecom operators and the agencies appointed by tRead More – Source