SINGAPORE: A business meeting at Grand Hyatt Singapore that has been linked to several novel coronavirus cases in South Korea and Malaysia was attended by 109 participants, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Wednesday (Feb 5).
All the attendees at the Jan 20 to Jan 22 private business meeting were from one company, said MOH.
Of the participants, 15 were Singapore residents and 94 were from overseas.
READ: Coronavirus outbreak: 6-month-old baby among 4 new cases in Singapore, 3 of them linked to local transmission cluster
Four of the 15 Singapore residents reported having symptoms and have been referred to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases for assessment, said MOH. The remaining 11 are well.
All of the foreign participants have left Singapore, said MOH, adding that it has informed the relevant overseas health authorities.
Malaysia announced on Tuesday that a 42-year-old Malaysian man who had been at the business meeting developed symptoms on Jan 29 and subsequently tested positive for the coronavirus on Feb 3.
Malaysian authorities are tracking his close contacts.
On Wednesday, South Korea reported that two of its citizens – a 38-year-old man and a 36-year-old man – who had attended the business meeting at the hotel had also been infected.
A spokesman for the Grand Hyatt Hotel confirmed on Wednesday that the Malaysian had stayed at the hotel for a week in mid-Read More – Source